Feb. 15, 1946
Shanghai, China
Dear Folks,
Got your letter of Jan 28, and was glad to here from you. I've got a little bit of good news for you. I was notified today to be ready for transfer on or about Feb. 23, for return to continental U.S. for discharge. There is a large transport, the "general Scott," due in Shanghai the end of this month, so there is a goo chance we may go back on her. Allowing about 3 weeks for the "long voyage home," I should be a civilian by late March or early April.
If you have caught your breath from the surprise, I will tell you how it all came about. A couple of days ago we got a draft of replacements aboard all regular navy or low-point reserves. The sixth division managed to snare 3 MoMM's, so unless (perish the thought) something should happen to one of them before I leave, I am sitting pretty. Believe me, I am caring for those 3 guys like a nursemaid to make sure nothing happens to them.
so I guess you needn't bother writing anywhere as my forwarding adress is now 105-39 65 Rd. I probably not be in one place long enough to recieve any mail but I will write as often as I can and keep you posted as to where I'm at, and I'll put in a phone call as soon as I land.
All my love,
Paul
No comments:
Post a Comment