Shanghai, China,
March 7, 1946
Dear Folks,
Well, we finally got off the "Samar" just before she got underway for Tsingtao, a couple of hundred miles up the coast. We are now aboard the receiving ship "Orvetta," awaiting transportation. we have hopes of getting aboard the Navy transport "La Salle" which is due to get underway around the 12th, arriving on the west coast some time the end of March. So far we have heard nothing definite, just a host of scuttlebutt rumors which charactarize receiving ships and stations the world over.
I got your second package of film just before we left the "Samar," so I should be able to get plenty of snaps on the way back.
So I may still make it yet in time for this years "Seder." In any case, it will be a nice time to be getting home, just as spring is starting too bloom. I will probably have a heck of a time trying to buy a suit, as everyone will be buying their new easter outfits around then.
That's about all, so, if you don't here from me again before, stand by for a phone call the end of this month.
All my love,
Paul
No comments:
Post a Comment